Bird & Parrot DNA testing services:
We provide a service of doing your feathered friends DNA testing. This is done by taking a small blood sample. It is then sent away to the lab where testing takes approx 3-5 days once they receive it.
1 Bird $29
2 Birds $55
3 Birds $75
For express results with a result in 24-48 hours once received at the lab is an extra $15 per bird.
We also do a variety of disease testing of birds. This includes Polyoma Virus, Chlamydophila Psittaci and Beak and Feather Disease (PBFD). These results take roughly 2 wks. These tests are costed per bird and can't be discounted for multiple tests.
Polyoma Virus $45ea
Beak & Feather Disease $45ea
Chlamydophila Psittaci $45ea
Note: To test the one bird for 2 different pathogens
(ie. 2 different virus/diseases it is $80ea
- No risk of trauma from anaesthesia or surgical complications.
- The bird does not have to be mature to be tested.
- No special storage conditions are required once the sample has been taken.
- A certificate may be requested.
- Possibility of more than one DNA test being performed on the same sample.